Truck Body Manufacturing
Since the early 1980’s, SMS Equipment has been assisting our customers to achieve their desired haul truck body life cycle and payload goals. SMS has manufactured and assembled rock, iron ore, oil sands, and coal bodies ranging from 120 ton to 400 ton payload.
Over the past 30 years, SMS has become very proficient at mastering the sensitive balance of duty cycle and payload. Having fabricated well over 500 truck bodies starting from high-grade abrasion resistant plate steel, our customers recognize SMS’s expertise and not only purchase SMS fabricated replacement truck bodies, but also pursue SMS to remanufacture, and manufacture, their other branded bodies.
- Designed, engineered, and fabricated in Canada by SMS Equipment
- Local support by SMS qualified and experienced personnel
- Custom design according to specific customer requirements
- Optimum engineering via state-of-the-art 3D design software and finite element analysis (FEA)
- Komatsu approved for capacity, payload, balance, and safety