SMS Values Community
We value Community. We support the causes important to our employees and the communities where we live and work. In keeping with this value, SMS Equipment is committed to enhancing the quality of life for the people that live in the communities where we operate. We do this by:
- Promoting amateur sports, education, arts & culture, youth, health services;
- Supporting the volunteer efforts and charitable giving of our employees,
- SMS Equipment proudly provides financial support to many diverse community groups, events and initiatives in our operating areas.
At SMS Equipment, we are committed to investing in the communities in which we live and work. Our Community Investment Program provides the funding entities with the company's charitable contributions. The program approves and allocates funding for organizations and events in an equitable manner in communities where we operate.
- To support non-profit activities and events by providing financial assistance, product or in-kind contributions.
- To contribute to registered Canadian charitable organizations with a focus on educational, community and health initiatives. The charitable giving and volunteer efforts of our employees strengthen our communities.
- To show our appreciation for their efforts, SMS Equipment supplements their community work and charitable giving and will support, sponsor and donate to individual SMS Equipment employees. This support shall be in the form of pledges and sponsorships directly related to a charitable event and organization.
At SMS Equipment, sponsorship opportunities are supported locally. SMS Equipment chooses to support those organizations that best meet our funding priorities and guidelines.
Organizations seeking funds are asked to submit an application form.
To be considered, the application must clearly state information on the event/project including a brief description of the project, the project/event dates, the specific amount being requested, who the project will benefit, and how SMS Equipment will be recognized for its contribution.
All applications must be received in writing by e-mail. We kindly request no phone calls. Applications are reviewed promptly and we endeavour to respond to all applications within six weeks of the application date however the company does not respond to form letters.