SMS Values Community
At SMS, we are defined by our people and value the communities in which we live and work! In keeping with this value, SMS Equipment is committed enhancing the quality of life for the people that live in the communities where we operate.
We do this by supporting the initiatives that are important to our people and our communities:
- Education: early childhood development, innovation and creativity, diversity, etc.
- Health: mental health, family health, children’s health, etc.
- Culture: First Nations, creating opportunities for emerging artists, local and regional arts, major artistic institutions, etc.
- Environment: regional bio-diversity, community education, water management, etc.
- Regional Sustainability: local employment and procurement, community programs, etc.
Guidelines & Application Process
Our Community Investment Program provides the funding entities with the company's charitable contributions. The program approves and allocates funding for organizations and events in an equitable manner in communities where we operate.
Sponsorship opportunities are supported locally. SMS Equipment chooses to support those organizations that align with company guidelines and values.
Organizations seeking funds are asked to submit an application form.
To be considered, the application must clearly state information on the event/project including a brief description of the project, the project/event dates, the specific amount being requested, who the project will benefit, and how SMS Equipment will be recognized for its contribution.
All applications must be received in writing by e-mail. We kindly request no phone calls. Applications are reviewed promptly and we endeavour to respond to all applications within six weeks of the application date however the company does not respond to form letters.
Some the organizations we support include:
- Children’s Miracle Network
- Canadian Cancer Society
- BC Children’s Hospital
- MacDonald Island Leisure Centre